The theme of this year's event is: everyone has a part to play in helping mums to breastfeed and it focuses on how families, communities and services can work together to support mothers in feeding their babies.
Breastfeeding has a host of benefits for both baby and mum, which include:
- Reducing your baby’s risk of infections and disease.
- Helps to build a strong emotional bond between mother and child.
- Meeting your baby’s nutritional needs.
- Reducing the risk of breast and ovarian cancer in the mother.
To support new mothers and families in feeding their babies, Hounslow has a network of Baby Cafés which offer free support, information and guidance.
These drop-in sessions are for mums at any stage of their baby feeding journey, from getting ready to feed your baby, right through to weaning and introducing solid foods.
The Baby Cafés are:
- Every Monday at the Alf King Children’s Centre, Feltham, between 10am and 11.30am.
- Every Wednesday at the Lampton Children’s Centre, Neville Close, Hounslow, between 10am and 12pm.
- Every Thursday at the Ermine Centre, Opossum Way, Hounslow, between 10am and 11.30am.
- Every Thursday at South Isleworth Children’s Centre, between 10am and 11.30am.
Find out more about Hounslow’s Baby Cafés below.